Changes in NEET 2020:
1. From this year onwards, aspirants can also take admission in AIIMS and JIPMER on the basis of NEET rank.
2. In the application form of NEET 2020 candidates have to upload passport size and postcard size photographs, along with thumb impression and signature.
3. Application fee for NEET has increased by Rs. 100 for general category candidates and Rs. 50 by other category candidates. For OBC candidates it is still the same. Check below.
If you want to register for the examination, you must check your eligibility criteria first. If you will not satisfy the given eligibility criteria, registration will be cancelled:
- Indian Citizen living in India can apply for this exam
- PIO/OCI candidates can also apply for NEET exam 2020
- J &K/AP/Telangana: Candidates from J&K,AP,Telangana are eligible for All India 15% quota only and are also eligible for admission in Deemed Universities, ESIC and AFMC colleges, Pune on the basis of self-declaration.
- Aadhaar Card Requirement: candidates those are Indian National citizen should have an Aadhaar Number to participate in NEET exam 2020
- Minimum Age: The minimum age limit for NEET 2020 exam is 17 years as on or before 31st December (Of the year of admission.) and should be Born on or before December 31, 2003
- Maximum Age: There is no upper age limit for NEET 2020, the Supreme Court judgment still pending on it
- Examination: participants must be qualified 12th or equivalent exam.
- Subjects: Subjects Should be Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject.
- 10+2 appearing students are also eligible to apply.
- Marks Required: In the qualifying exam (PCB group), students should have obtained at least 50% marks for general, 45% marks for general-PH and 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC.
NEET 2020 Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern for NEET 2020 examination is mentioned below:
|No. of Question||Total 180 questions|
|Exam Mode||offline mode (pen and paper based mode).|
|Type of Question||objective type|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Zoology & Botany)|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Language||8 languages (Hindi , English, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi & Telugu)|
|Marking Scheme||each correct answer (+4 Marks)|
|Negative Marking||each wrong answer (-1 Mark)|
Subject Wise Questions and Marks:
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India). The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects. It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE. The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
Important Dates of NTA NEET 2020
|NEET application form 2020 Registration starts from||02-Dec-2019 (4 pm)|
|Last Date to register for NEET 2020||06-Jan-2020 (11:50 pm)|
|Correction window duration||15-Jan-2020 to 31-Jan-2020|
|Application window reopened for registered candidates||03-Feb-2020 to 09-Feb-2020|
|Release of NTA NEET 2020 admit card||27 March 2020|
|NEET Result 2020||04-Jun-2020|
NEET 2020 Dress Code
The dress code specified by NTA for NEET 2020 is:-
Items that are allowed in the examination hall are: Light colour clothes and slippers, sandals, and low heels.
Items that are allowed in the examination hall are: Long sleeves and shoes.